Notes of LDV Meeting :
Missing Link Data Collection and Definitions 10th November 2011
at the Therapiehof Schnuppstrupp in Germany
Notes 10-11-2011 meeting Germany
Reason of this meeting
to make a link between data collection and definitions on order to construct the cells for the framework.
The two coordinators decided to make a very close link between the work of these two groups because it is necessary for construction of the framework. Both groups will use the submission forms and survey questionnaires developed and presented on the homepage of SHP by Ulrike (and Data collection group). Only when collecting all the information's for Data collection and Definitions in a very structured form it is possible to make a comparable framework between countries and to make a good and complete report of the outcome of the results.
Stephany found out when receiving the information that there is a big structure problem. Further the sources and citations are not clear.
Therefore the collection form or submission forms have to be defined and completed in order to dismiss them between the partners together with a use manual. Intention is to finfish forms before the weekend is over and send it on Monday morning, data collection gives feedback skype on Wednesday 16. November 2011 20.30 o clock . Then the last form will be made. Then for data collections and definitions because we have to use the same types of forms. Then we can see which organizations have submitted forms and which haven't.
· Submission form from organisations in this project
· Submission form for definitions
· Submission form for Literature collection and data base
· Organizationform and homepage contacts
· Key words for literature data base
· Submission form Organizations of AMAT in this project
In the meantime since the last meeting, Ivana and Ulrike have improved the Questionnaire. Because in the Dutch version we found multiple choice options which where not the same as in other countries this adaptation was necessary to be able to use the same form for all partner countries. With this form we can get the information together per country and compare it between countries also. Last thing Ulrike needed was to see how the Polish organizations who are willing to do the questionnaire within their members group did it. So now we can finalize the questionnaire and what we have to do as well to make it fit to the new Dutch version as well without loosing the data we already have from the Netherlands and Germany. We brought open answers to multiple choice answers and made the questionnaire in this way that differ rent user groups (organizations, practitioners….) are connected with the items only which are fit for them. It is not possible to leave questions unanswered, but the amount on energy to do the whole questionnaire is minimized.
Now the questionnaire is – together with the other submission forms fit to give us enough information to to know the legal, administrative and financial conditions relating to the operation self-employment and animal-assisted interventions. AMAT measures carried out by practitioners in different countries and organizations on AMAT in different countries, further quality criteria and standards used in practice of AMAT and in education of AMAT specialists.
· Now appointment with Slovakian girls to put translations in original (google) documents. Ulrike will be there next week to prepare this step. Then Veronika will come to NL to prepare the complete data analysis with Ulrike.
· Ulrike got the German Equitherapy magazine Mensch und Pferd willing to publish a 2 pages article on the survey of our project with link to the questionnaire and will ask German practitioners and organizations to take part in the survey. Ulrike tries to get the Kuratorium fuer therapeutisches Reiten so far to publish the link to the questionnaire as well.
· This means that we get from Germany representative numbers of answers as well as from Poland and the Netherlands and Slovakia. We hope that France and Belgium can manage as well.
Time Table for Questionnaire:
· Monday 14th of November questionnaire in English is submitted to the group Data collection
· Wensday 16th of November skype conference when Ulrike is with Ivana in Slovakia to prepare translations and implementation for sending him around.
· In December each country should be able to start collection of data.
We advise to take not too much time for collection ( Not longer than 4 to 6 weeks).Otherwise people postpone it to much to do it. After preparing distribution. Don't give people to long to fill it in otherwise they won't do it. than give them a longer time if people postponed filling in the questionnaire. To give 3 extra days announced per mail helps to let the last ones do it who postponed it before.
· So Data analysis can start in February and can be done quickly, because we (Veronica, Ulrike and Ivana) can prepare it already completely.
· Both working groups will already start to make a report about everything we have already and the way we planned the further steps otherwise we won't be able to recall the information.
All submission form for Data collection and definitions
Stephanie must put the following in the submission form of definitions:
· Name of submitter/contact person
· Definition submission of the AMAT term
· (Multiple choice with "other” at the end)
· Submission form of Ethical codes as well –
· Criteria for Equitherapist for quality standards
Ulrike will submit her definitions herself and both will bring them together if possible before Ulrike goes to Slovakia, but anyhow before the meeting of Data collection in France
Important for all the submission of contact organizations, literature, definitions and quality criteria is that every submission has to be made with indentifying the submitter, sub partner organization, the citation and the source and where it is used at the moment.
Ulrike hands over a CD with a lot of information to Stephanie. Look at map: Defenitions data Data collection defenitions Literature EAT
Ulrike will submit the literature list from her book equitherapy and her complete endnote directory of literature on horses and equitherapy which can be used for literature data base.
Time Table for all submission forms foir Data collection and definitions
All submission forms will be introduced first at the meeting of Data collection in France 19 th 11 2011
This is the LAST OPPORTUNITIY TO ADD KEY WORDS !!!!!!!!
Stephanie, Ulrike and Ivana will do the personal instructions for all the forms which have to be used together therefore we offer dates within one week where everyone who need instructions can make a personal appointment in the week after the meeting in France (week 47)
Idea: Pferd und mensch ask to make advertisement for questionnaire if we promise to do a publication there. And try to get it into homepage of kuratorium. Stephanie tries to get it to Foerderkreis. Ulrike also tries to get it to Austrian Kuratorium to publish the questionnaire as well. Anyhow there are a lot of literature and research projects there which we should have in our literature data base.
All partners get list form definitions form in excel to do with it what they want.
Submission for contact data base must input declaration for permission to use submitted data.
Dutch team bottom of page are the notes. Everyone can read it, also the mailings. Ulrike offers it to defenitions group. Stephanie will think it over. Also LDV group: data base
For the literature collection Ulrike is holding on the format used for other publications and citations (ENDNOTE SCHEME)
Problem: some people said they can't fill in the summary, but it is worthless without a summary.
Important: key words
· Evaluation of amat measures
· AMAT with specific client groups
· Equine aspects of AMAT
· Methods and models in AMAT
· Qualification in AMAT
· Financing of AMAT measures
· Safety aspects
· Theraputic model
· Quality criteria for AMAT
· Scientific research
· Competences therapists
· Abilities of the horse
· Hippotherapy , remedial riding/ vaulting, riding therapy
· pedagogical projects
· remedial riding or vaulting
· psychomotility in AMAT
· ethical aspects
· communication relationship (client horse therapist)
· counseling, supervision
· client documentation
· tests and diagnostics
· teaching or learning material
· selection of therapy horse
· quality of horse
· training of horse
· characteristics of horse
· horsekeeping standards
We didn't get any political issues to put on data collection forms. We need to have them till now.
So we fill up the list till coming week and present hat we have in France on 19th of november
Ulrike, Stephanie and Tessa will independently select key words out of literature, questionnaire and project description and send them round. Ulrike and Tessa are making structured list of it and put it into data forms. Then send them round. They can ad something. And then nothing can be added after that.
Stephanie will ask for sources of definitions from everyone. Otherwise it is not professional. It is necessary that nor Data collection nor Definitions can accept submissions other than done by the developed forms otherwise we cannot use it in the framework or in the report. ( it is the most efficient and simplest way to collect the data's and to work with them after)
Tessa and ulrike will translate important points and fill it up with analyses on SPSS we did in addition.
Meeting in France of Data collection will focus on the definition forms as well
Stephanie could give Ulrike the information for the meeting ob 19th of November. There are also members of definition group. Agnes will not be there but gets all information from Ulrike and Tessa.
Before the 19th it has to be ready. We need from every country the information.
11th should be the date to send everything to Stephanie.
Analyzing what we have and what we have to do is a good structure. We need structure from emotional PR too.
Notes Tessa Wester